Special Systems for Industrial Requirements
Mobile client support is now included in almost all end devices. Long gone are the days when it was necessary to use PCMCIA cards to upgrade notebooks and laptops. Modern chipsets feature on-board mobility as well as an integrated Wi-Fi module according to 802.11a/b/g. The 802.11n draft is still not a standard feature, however, it is increasingly being delivered ex works thanks to more integrated circuits. The user can access the Internet without a second thought thanks to guaranteed compatibility with the final 802.11n standard. Various providers also provide a multi-standard connection for Wi-Fi, UMTS, and WiMax. Here, it is up to each user to decide which technologies meet their requirement profile.
Mobility has not yet taken off in industrial devices. Providers largely continue to deliver their systems as usual. A wired Ethernet interface is considered an innovation. It is left to the mobile user to decide how to implement the respective components.
We made it our business to face this problem head on and are now in a position to offer mobile clients that can make both Ethernet-capable devices and systems with serial interfaces ‘mobile,’ that is, include Wi-Fi support.
The Wireless Ethernet Serial client adapter (WES)
With WES, we offer a product that acts as a fully-fledged end device in the Wi-Fi network that is in accordance with security standards such as encryption and authorization. The industrial system can treat it like an interface adapter. No changes are necessary. There is no need to install drivers and no additional equipment is required. It is only necessary to configure the adapter once to make adjustments to the wireless network, such as SSID or encryption. The system does not require any further intervention.
We offer a range of different versions and options that are customized to meet individual system and environment requirements:
- Standard version with discrete industrial housing and power adaptor
- Version in fanless 19-inch rack mount technology with a round plug
- Optional top-hat rail mounting to install in a 19-inch cabinet system
- Versions featuring a splash-proof plastic housing with sealed connections
- Adapter card (for OEMs), for example, for use in EX versions or custom housing
- Wide input voltage range starting from 9 V DC to connect to battery-powered vehicles and devices, also via optocouplers
- Additional relay output to control signal lamps, for example
- A second serial RS232 interface (as RS422 or RS485, too)
- Additional antenna connections in all common versions
and much more
We have been able to implement every desired application to date thanks to direct access to the German developer. Get in touch with us.